Thursday, November 16, 2006

God damn my machine!

My draft blog was shaping well .. and my stupid box started its protest.. and suddenly all my two hours of thinking was gone with the wind.. some times it hurts when it goes suddenly.. your several hours of hard worked write-ups not even saved as drafts.. damn it.. lemme save this first.. yup..done!
Thanks to my holy trinity( not the christian one, but the most popular one, The Procrastination, Unaccountability and Irresponsibility).. for it extended my stay in stuttgart.. I was thankful that I could earn a little more, and I cursed them that I have to wait a week more to see my love...

And my extended stay allowed me to explore one more place, The Neuchsweistein castle, and I am not gonna say the melodrama that happened at the foot of the falls.
We started last saturday early at 0700 hrs, with our usual trekking pack. Our destination was Fussen, one God gifted city surrounded by the Alps! God damn those who are in Europe and have not an idea about this city. We got to the Hauptbahnhof at 12:45 pm. The castle was at walkable distance, and yet we hiked a bus :).. Ran through the usual tourism formalities near the castle, and we at last had a glimpse of the breathtaking view.
I don't know much about the castle's history, but for sure it is not a fortress, nor a teutonic castle, but a pleasure p(a)lace for some be-forgotten duke and his duchesses. The castle at once reminded me of the Minas Tirth, the last stronghold of the men of middle ages in LOR, with its high built portico. Also got back some memories of Rivendel, the stronghold of elves (I am sorry what-the-hell-is-LOR guys, It is a story that squeezes every grey cell to build an imagination!) with its beautiful water-falls flowing down from the snowy alpine. And there is a bridge(You have to believe that it is a cantilever...Physics dude!...Physics!! yes, in the land of Einstein!!) connecting the two hills that protect the castle on one side..And the view of the castle from the bridge takes away the breath whatever is left in your lungs!!! :)

Enough with my hobblewobbling history rant. Then we reached the foot of the fall and thats where the real show begun. I, already thirsting for a real adventure, started climbing those steep rocks banking the stream.. and stood proudly on the top of a small hillock, just for a stupid snap. My friends thought it should be easy to climb down and that's were the problem started. The rocks got slippery due to the sudden snowfall and i couldn't even get a hold of the ground ...not too steep but a twelve feet high, I wouldn't die if I jump save a few cracks and bruises.

I was scared deep, but showed a brave smiley( people started watching the melodrama.. and particularly the girls that we stalked throughout the trip, and.... they were pretty.. :) I had to wait till the place is devoid of those beauties...and they left disappointed. My friends turned their attention towards me and I was literally mountain goat and blinking like one... they got what was happening and that was it.. my legs started drumming.. I couldn't even hold the rock.."calm down man, you have handled more than this".. hell... I hadn't even handled a 6 feet hurdle well in my NCC camp.. took my shoes off, wrapped'em round my neck.. slid down the rock. Never thought that it'd cost me 240 €, my ipod went to smitherens..Thank Heavens, that was insured, and I am safe and... no..no.. the girls were capturing every moment in their handy... Arasiyalla ithellam sagajamappa!


It was already 0400 evening.. found a nice thai.. pounded rice with chicken.. got back home at 0900. One thing I forgot.. karthik copied his predecessors by taking snaps of himself holding the castle like atlas, drinking the whole falls, the same illusion photography thing. Man, he is going to kill me when he reads all of my blogs, esp. the venice one.

No comments: